In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your house. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 603-225-1953, visit our Concord showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.