Cooler temps are heading our way in Concord and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Concord winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Concord professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Concord.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Concord a call at 603-228-3352 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.